January 24, 2011

s.m.u.d.g.e.

apparently smudge didn't get enough attention today being home with 3 sick people because tonight he was definitely seeking attention and NOT in a good way! ugh! (don't worry.  i gripe about this obnoxious little varmint, but he really makes me laugh!)

i was sitting in my recliner working on knitting my sock when he suddenly appeared on the foot of my chair.  he snatched the entire sock, needles and all, and tried to escape with it!  thankfully my reflexes were fast enough to grab his mouth, and he let go (after i untangled the yarn from his teeth!).  

so then he just sat there.....looking at me like this:

without taking his eyes off of me, he slowly pushed his little snout toward my pattern that was resting on my knee...

he took hold of a little corner and carefully started pulling....

then he tried to go for the snatch, but again, amy won even with a camera-phone in hand!

about an hour later i heard the pounding of hairy little paws and the rattle of plastic.  there was a blur of brown fur carrying a long plastic bag in his mouth.  it was s.m.u.d.g.e. and he had a bag of cotton rounds, not cotton balls.  thank goodness!  he would have had cotton balls everywhere!!!!

the chase was on.  we went a couple of laps, and i was unsuccessful.  i grabbed my camera on the third lap because i wanted to document one of our little adventures.

each picture shows me getting a couple of steps closer to the little thief.

notice the bag is at his feet.

 i move a few steps closer, and the bag is now in his mouth.

now he moves beside the recliner, and he is peeking around it to see if i am still coming.

i am still coming you little varmint!  so he takes off behind the chair! daryl is in the background holding a red blanket which ends up being smudge's demise....


now he's behind the chair, bag on the ground, tempting me to reach down and grab it.  only he knows that he can get it faster than i can because the chair is in my way...

 "come on, amy....i dare you...."

"too slow!  i'm off again!

 "hey!  let's do the behind-the-chair-thing again!  you stink at that, amy!"

i wasn't going to play his game anymore, so i backed into the hallway out of his line of vision.  he eventually came out from behind it and ran behind daryl's chair.  what smudge didn't know was that he was walking into a trap!  daryl threw the red blanket on him, smudge dropped the bag and then smudge and i both ran to retrieve it!  i was victorious!  take that, puppy!

"are we really done playing chase?"

photo of the day
1-24-11
utter defeat

quote of the day:  "smudge!!!!" ~ me

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaa! i love that dog!!! so much personality! love that you captured it all too. they grow up so fast, so its fun you get baby pics of him! cant wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have apologized at least once for posting about Smudge, but I have to say, that I love reading about him. You blog keeps me connectd to you since you moved, and Smudge is a big part of your life. Love the pictures and the adventure! I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete