March 5, 2011

long week

this week seemed to drag on and on!  i don't know why, but i was exhausted by the end of it!

thursday after school i made the mistake of going to wal-mart.  ugh.  it was busy and i was tired.  it took longer than i wanted, so i didn't get home until after 5:30.  i still had to make supper, my feet were killing me, and i had a terrible headache.  needless to say, i was not a nice person to be around.  poor colby was trying to do his homework while i was making supper and i know i groaned at him a couple of times when he asked me questions.  what a bad mom.

once supper and dishes were done, i just plopped down on the couch.  i had zero energy.  smudge jumped right up there behind my head and started squeaking his new toy right in my ear!  i just looked at him and said, "really?" since i hadn't taken a picture that day, he became my photo of the day just because i had my phone in my hand and was too lazy to think of anything else to photograph!

photo of the day
3-3-11
smudge in my ear


i wasn't quite as exhausted friday afternoon.  i don't know why. it was just as crazy as thursday!  i was proud of myself, though.  this was the first day that i didn't have a carbonated beverage! (since monday i've had one diet dr. pepper a day to help get me off of regular dr. pepper.)  i was also proud of myself because of my supper choice.

colby had a friend come over and play after school.  i ordered a pizza for them for supper.  before the pizza arrived, i had a weight watchers frozen dinner and a big glass of water so i wouldn't be tempted by hunger.  it worked!  i didn't do it myself, though.  i prayed that morning that God would help me make good choices one day at time.  i can't make this change myself.  i've tried before, and it doesn't work.  relying on Him is the only way to do this.
photo of the day
3-4-11
supper!

i slept in late this morning. yay!  when i came in the living room and sat down in my chair, i looked over at the recliner and saw this:  (i thought it was funny!  he looked pretty scared to me.)
"oh, no!  don't hurt elmo!" ~elmo
this afternoon the boys and i saw the movie tangled.  i really enjoyed it.  it was disney's version of rapunzel.  spencer claims he didn't like it, and colby said on a scale of 1-10, it was a five.  boys!

after that we went to the hospital to meet our youth minister's new baby girl!  she was so cute!

then we went to the community center to see an art display.  spencer has 2 pieces featured!!!  it's so funny because he HAD to take art last semester and he was so mad about it!  he griped about the class every day and how much he hated doing art.  i don't understand why he hated it so much.  i thought his artwork was amazing!  i wish i had that kind of talent!


grid technique

art parody using  piet mondrian's technique
 photo of the day
3-5-11
an artist admiring his work

random 'a'

"hey, mom! it snowed in the backyard!"



quote of the day: "you were my new dream." ~ flynn rider, tangled (that was one of those romantic moments that the boys couldn't appreciate!)


1 comment:

  1. Heyyy...;)

    I like your blog. And, more importantly, I like the Random A.

    Lol.

    I would give you this big toothy smile right now, but there seems to be a computer between us. So...

    :DD

    ReplyDelete