March 2, 2011

happy birthday, dr. seuss!

this week at school we've been celebrating dr.seuss's birthday, which is actually today.  part of our celebration was to decorate our classroom door based on one of dr. seuss's books.  my class chose fox in socks. our door turned out soooo cute!

photo of the day
2-28-11
fox in socks

on monday spencer brought home a baritone to practice.  he'll soon be switching to this from a trumpet. it has a lower tone, but it's still just as loud!  i'm impressed with his musical ability.  i wish i had learned to read music.

on tuesday, i did something to improve my health.  i joined weight watchers AGAIN.  if you've followed my blog for long, you know that i've joined before and i've quit before.  i'm praying that this time i will fully rely on God to help me make this change one day at a time.

so my photo of the day is of a recipe that was on display at my first weight watchers meeting.

photo of the day
3-1-11
chicken salad

tonight i was sitting by my little buddy, rylie, having supper before bible class.  she took a bit of her corn dog, and i heard a little gasp from her direction.  she pointed her corn dog at me and said, "my corn dog has a hot dog in it!"  adorable!
photo of the day
3-2-11
corn dog surprise


quote of the day:  "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. That Rylie is so cute and smart! There really is a hot dog in there! LOL! So proud of you with the Weight Watchers. I wish I was closer and could join with you and we could attend together. But I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when my kids make the blog!! I love having a friend who appreciates them...I am proud of you for doing weight watchers. Maybe your LDF will be inspired by you...

    ReplyDelete